Toni for Chicago is seeking interns!
President Toni Preckwinkle provides progressive independent leadership here in Chicago based on her experience and know-how (toniforchicago.com). We’re growing and we’d like to add more members to the team, including field internships to learn more about Chicago politics. Strong interest in politics, especially local politics, is a must.
Applicants should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Subject Line: Toni for Chicago Intern Application
Individuals will spend 10-30 hours per week phone calling and canvassing, learning from field organizers and local leaders about politics. Above and beyond candidates can be given digital organizer duties depending on abilities.
This internship runs through the election and possible run-offs with academic credit and/or a reference letter at the end to qualified candidates. Interns will learn the ins and outs of campaigns, speaking with constituents and political leaders alike in order to view the range of Chicago politics. There will be training, goals, and excitement under the supervision of professionals with expertise.
- Meet with members of the local political community in your ward and district
- Mobilize individuals to contact voters and meet targets
- As needed, speak and train groups and organizations
- Represent Toni for Chicago at various community events
This is an unpaid internship, but there will be a stipend for transportation.
We will align job duties with the requirements of the institution, giving academic credit.
Successful candidates will either be pursuing a degree or has a strong academic record.
- Experience and interest in activism, advocacy, organizing, and politics
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent research, writing, and organization skills
- Highly motivated and able to work easily under pressure with large groups
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
Above and Beyond
- Previous campaign/volunteerism experience
- Previous internship experience